Proposed idea for new series - Fps 101

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Proposed idea for new series - Fps 101

Post  Admin on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:14 am

This is an idea from my good friend CriMxDelAxCriM that i wanted to run by everyone. It is a proposed video series (FPS 101) that would be a weekly short video going over these 5 topics. The idea is to break the skills needed to succeed in Call of Duty or any FPS game for that matter so that you guys can learn them one by one. This would probably involve me and Crim doing dual voice overs teaching together so you guys would get insight and opinions from both of us on all the matters.
Please comment below if you like this idea or if you have any suggestions to make it better. thanks

Here are the 5 basic skills that he outlined.

1. AWARENESS this includes knowing the map, knowing spots and lines of sight on maps and when and how often to check your uav hud and the little start menu/ kill cam exploit to know your advantage

2. MOVEMENT this is critical. movement is the easiest way to get your self killed in a first person shooter. but its also the best way to rack up kills. stay alive and help your team play the objective.

3. COMMUNICATION people dont use it enough. but knowing map call outs and commnicating even little things like ememy uavs and where the other team is spawning or running is huge to improving your teams play as well as yours

4. REACTIONS this is stuff pertaining to sensitivity settings. where to set your screen(by this i mean adjusting your screen so that when your moving the center of your screen is always focused on the most likely place the ememy would be. example setting your screen chest level off the ground while you run.

5. USING YOUR HEAD like changing up your strategey when your on a death streak. or learning from theater mode what your doing wrong in game. the best advice i ever came up with is watch your kill cam to see how you died. and think about what you can do so you wont die that way again.

Give us your feedback would this be helpful to you guys?

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://tipzntrikz.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Proposed idea for new series - Fps 101

Post  Zydin on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:47 am

Admin wrote:This is an idea from my good friend CriMxDelAxCriM that i wanted to run by everyone. It is a proposed video series (FPS 101) that would be a weekly short video going over these 5 topics. The idea is to break the skills needed to succeed in Call of Duty or any FPS game for that matter so that you guys can learn them one by one. This would probably involve me and Crim doing dual voice overs teaching together so you guys would get insight and opinions from both of us on all the matters.
Please comment below if you like this idea or if you have any suggestions to make it better. thanks

Love the idea. I was actually planning to do something very similar on my own youtube page. That's what ended up drawing me to TipzNTrikz.

Admin wrote:Here are the 5 basic skills that he outlined.

1. AWARENESS this includes knowing the map, knowing spots and lines of sight on maps and when and how often to check your uav hud and the little start menu/ kill cam exploit to know your advantage

I'm pretty sure the kill cam exploit has been removed for black ops because I've tried it several times. Make sure you guys touch on knowing where the enemy is spawning. That can be covered under communication, but I find it vital to check my mini map to see where my own team is spawning to give me a general direction of the enemy team. Cover audio as well. Footsteps are super loud in black ops and not enough people know how to actually listen to their surroundings. It goes beyond footsteps as well to how loud(close) gunfire is, what type of gun is fired, etc. Even equipment makes sound if you listen closely (Claymores only make noise when they are planted). Proper awareness can even save you from a hacked care package. Friendly chopper gunner in the sky? Check those buildings.

Admin wrote:2. MOVEMENT this is critical. movement is the easiest way to get your self killed in a first person shooter. but its also the best way to rack up kills. stay alive and help your team play the objective.

Please cover kill cam movement, when to sprint, dolphin dive, and camp (camping is a great way to get your bearings). With that said, cover acceptable camping a.k.a. smart camping. Oh, how to get in to and stay in cover is important as well. I'm sure I'll come up with more on movement later.

Admin wrote:3. COMMUNICATION people don't use it enough. but knowing map call outs and communicating even little things like enemy uavs and where the other team is spawning or running is huge to improving your teams play as well as yours

Couldn't have said that more perfectly. Go into detail about how communication changes when you are playing on a team where several people do not have headsets. I was thinking about creating a video called 'proper chopper etiquette'. Calling out the enemy's position when you are in a chopper is actually better than having a Blackbird in the air and will help you get more kills in the long run.

Admin wrote:4. REACTIONS this is stuff pertaining to sensitivity settings. where to set your screen(by this i mean adjusting your screen so that when your moving the center of your screen is always focused on the most likely place the enemy would be. example setting your screen chest level off the ground while you run.

Not much to add to this one, I'd try to cover gun recoil, when to burst fire an automatic and when to spray and pray, etc. Cover those awkward moments when you are about to toss a grenade/calling in a killstreak/reloading/changing weapons and an enemy comes around the corner. The impact that dropshot, dolphin dive, and halo jumping have on enemy fire.

Admin wrote:5. USING YOUR HEAD like changing up your strategy when your on a death streak. or learning from theater mode what your doing wrong in game. the best advice i ever came up with is watch your kill cam to see how you died. and think about what you can do so you wont die that way again.

THIS. A million times. This is the single most important part of any game. Smart gameplay. Try to cover grenade (lethal and tactical) and equipment placement for maximum effectiveness. Also cover the advantages of every killstreak, the importance of knowing your own game (how many kills you normally get. Killstreaks should be easy, not hard). Please talk about supportive roll in a team. By that I mean to know what class setup your teammates are running so you can best compliment their playstyle (Not everyone should run the same killstreak rewards/guns/perks/equipment).

Admin wrote:Give us your feedback would this be helpful to you guys?

I don't think it would be too helpful to me, but I know that it would help out the vast majority of COD players out there.

Additional Notes: Try to name it something besides FPS 101 (Probably not the most likely search string on youtube) Try to name it something that will get it the most views, and you guys more subs. My working title was 'Understanding Black Ops'. I know TmarTn has had success with the title 'Breaking Down Black Ops'. I would try to use something similar. One more thing I meant to say but forgot to is that you can probably add a 6th one for Patience, unless you want to try to cover that inside of using your head or movement.
If you have any questions about something I said or want me to go into more detail feel free to ask. Also, if you guys need help with vids or gameplay critique I'm more than willing to help out.

Zydin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:07 pm

thank you for your response bro, Im really digging that chopper etiquitte idea. If you would like to help us with this show we could totally use the help. I haven't heard from Crim in a long long time so i dont know how much of a role he will play in the series besides having the great idea for it. If you would like to help please send me a message on youtube aswell. We should begin recording soon

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://tipzntrikz.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Zydin on Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:19 pm

Sure thing dude. I'd love to help out. Either it be with recordings for you guys to commentate, or doing some commentary/joint commentary, whatever. I'm game.

Zydin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkyblanket on Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:16 pm

Would love to help but you know, about to get hit by the biggest Cyclone in Australian history. so yeah, guess ill cya in a week? LOL!

sparkyblanket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkyblanket on Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:20 pm

Zydin i hope you know the difference between camping and playing defence, would hate to promote people sitting in a corner waiting for people to run past.

sparkyblanket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zydin on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:08 pm

sparkyblanket wrote:Zydin i hope you know the difference between camping and playing defense, would hate to promote people sitting in a corner waiting for people to run past.

Did I not say 'smart' camping? Sitting in a corner waiting for someone to just happen along is stupid.

Zydin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkyblanket on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:12 pm

Its not called "smart camping" its playing defence

sparkyblanket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zydin on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:20 pm

sparkyblanket wrote:Its not called "smart camping" its playing defence

Lol. What I am referring to, you can do in any game mode. Even team deathmatch. When the videos come out I'll show you.

Zydin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkyblanket on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:35 pm

We are talking about the same thing, you can play defensively in team death match

sparkyblanket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zydin on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:37 pm

sparkyblanket wrote:We are talking about the same thing, you can play defensively in team death match

MEH. Offense, Defense...these are terms that should be saved for objective based games but I see your point

Zydin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zydin on Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:52 pm

I have a great clip that I/we can use to talk about awareness, but I want to know if I should commentate it myself, or should it be dual. When is it wise to do solo over dual, etc.

Zydin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top