New update 1.2 is so cool

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New update 1.2 is so cool

Post  Admin on Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:24 pm

for those of you guys that have not yet experienced the epic new mine craft update i wanted to tell you guys about the awesome new features that Notch has included in this update. First off, there are now 3 different types of wood. Dark pine, lighter pine, and birch. The birch trees have white bark and are functionally equivalent to the others when broken down into planks and sticks, but in their block form they look different, and cooler in my opinion. Possibly the most game changing thing that was added, which has been kind of overshadowed by the (colored wool, dyes from squids and plants, lapis lazuli and other aesthetic enhancements) is the addition of charcoal. No longer is your first house be dictated by where you find coal. you can now make an alternative to coal by
First chopping down some wood.
Then building a workbench box with the wood.
Then making a miners pick in the workbench block.
Then using that pick to mine 9 pieces of rock.
Then Making a furnace out of the 9 pieces of rock.
Then burning (a full uncut block) of wood, with another block of wood in the furnace
and finally producing charcoal which serves the same purpose as coal except cannot be inventory stacked with it.
It is also interesting to note that we are now able to make despensers which serve peacful function of despensing whatever we decide to put inside, or the more practical function of shooting arrows and other projectiles at creepers and other mob, when they are triggered. No longer must we use obsece amounts of TNT to make protective turrets. They can also be remote activated by using redstone dust, meaning that it is possible to set up touch plates that when triggered by the mob, shoot arrows or other projectiles at them.
and last but not least, there is a new block (lapis lazuli), a rare brilliant blue dye similar in rarity to diamond, which can be used to dye sheep and individual blocks of wool. It is often better to dye sheep though, because you get the chance of 1- 3 blocks of colored wool falling off them when sheered, instead of only one when dying a single peice of wool. Finally we can make pixel art easily! the other forms of dye come from dadelions (yellow) roses (red) squid (black which can also be found of new black sheep) green (cooked cactus), and one more im forgetting :-( These dyes can also be combined to make such colors as orange and magenta. They are awsome for decorating. There is also the ability to make musical blocks which i have not yet experimented with but seem quite awsome.
I am really excited to play around with the new update.
Keep them coming Notch!!!

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://tipzntrikz.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: New update 1.2 is so cool

Post  sparkyblanket on Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:30 pm

Sounds beast, I got an idea…. How about a tipz N trickz minecraft server? Sound good?

sparkyblanket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:39 pm

sounds boss, i gotta figure out how to get it to work. apparently its not that hard with the new beta update but when i tried with TheHotTamaleGuy in alpha it just refused to work. Ill look into it tomorrow.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://tipzntrikz.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Post  M0NsT3RxAsSaUlT on Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:51 am

a video by a guy im subbed to named m1nur just uploaded a video about how to make a minecraft server. you might want to look it up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qAcJeRKXLY

M0NsT3RxAsSaUlT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top